The DCHFA "DC Open Doors" Program
Want to get started with DC's popular $0 Down Payment program in DC? Here's the basic requirements.
- You must earn UNDER $140,640 per year
- You must have a decent to fair Credit Score (640+)
- You must have an experienced Real Estate Agent to help you search for a home & negotiate the transaction.
- You must work with a DC Open Doors authorized lender for your primary mortgage
Here is our current calendar of Introductory Workshops to lowering your down payment to the lowest level possible in DC!
Launched in June 2013, the DC Housing Finance Agency's "DC Open Doors" program is designed to make home ownership more affordable for those wishing to own a home or condo in downtown Washington, D.C. It is an intensive program that pays your down payment when you purchase, provided you meet certain qualifications and can live in the home at least for the first 5 years of ownership.
This program and funding is available to both first time home buyers and repeat home buyers. "First time home buyer' means you have not owned your primary residence for the last 3 years. If you currently own your primary residence, you can still apply for $0 Down. Your current home must be sold and settled prior to closing on your $0 Down home.
- I Earn Less Than $140,640
- I have Decent Credit (640+)
*Other restrictions apply. You do not have to be a current DC resident to qualify & use this program!
We are full-service real estate agents that help you succeed in buying a $0 Down Payment home!