The DCHFA “DC Open Doors” Program
Want to buy a home or condo for $0 Down in DC? We offer multiple Free Homebuyer Workshops weekly about ‘DC Open Doors’ and other financing programs and are also available one-on-one for private help.[calendar]
Launched in June 2013, the DC Housing Finance Agency’s “DC Open Doors” program is designed to make home ownership more affordable for those wishing to own a home or condo in downtown Washington, D.C. It is an intensive program that pays your down payment when you purchase, provided you meet certain qualifications and can live in the home at least for the first 5 years of ownership. Here’s the basic eligibility requirements:
- You must earn UNDER $131,040 per year
- You must have a decent to fair Credit Score (660+)
- You must have a Real Estate Agent to help you search for a home & negotiate the transaction.
- You must find a home or condo in Washington, D.C. that you can qualify for financially
with a DCHFA approved Lender.
- You DO NOT have to currently live in Washington, D.C.
This program and funding is available to both first time home buyers and repeat home buyers. “First time home buyer’ means you have not owned your primary residence for the last 3 years. If you currently own your primary residence, you can still apply for $0 Down. Your current home must be sold and settled prior to closing on your $0 Down home.